Australians are people who enjoy communing with nature. They even set up their homes with outdoor decks and patio design options in order to enhance their outdoor experience on their own property. One option that provides a special ambiance and richness to these areas is the installation of a hardwood timber flooring. Numerous types of hardwoods that stand up well throughout the various weather conditions that occur in Australia during the year are available today. Pair one with your preferred layout of a deck or patio, and you will create the ideal oasis on your property.
Various Configurations of Outdoor Patios and Decks
The choices of configurations for outdoor patios and decks are limitless. These design elements come in rectangular, circular, square, octagonal and irregular shapes along with small and large sizes. Just select the size and shape that suit your property in the most favourable manner.
Types of Hardwood Available
You can select from a wide assortment of hardwood timber flooring for your variation of the outdoor decks and patio design options that are available currently. Each type of hardwood has its own unique characteristics. Read the following sampling of hardwood choices available in Australia to learn additional facts.
- Spotted Gum is a durable, low-tannin, dense timber that comes in variations of brown tones. In addition, it is an eco-friendly choice since it often grows on timber farms or plantations throughout Australia.
- Treated Pine is the most affordable option of the hardwoods, but you must pay attention to the rating of this timber, though, since not all of it is ideal for outdoor use.
- Teak is the top-performing hardwood on this list, but it comes at a high price. If you are designing a deck or patio on a limited budget, you may need to consider one of the other options.
- Jarrah is another expensive hardwood that performs well outdoors. Homeowners cherish its unique colouring that can range from light brown to reddish tones. On top of this, jarrah is durable and fire resistant, which makes it a safe choice for homeowners.
- Merbau is a popular hardwood for decking since it is highly attractive, durable and affordable. This timber choice also is insect and rot resistant.
Provide a Professional Finish to Your Outdoor Timber Flooring
Once the contractors build your choice of outdoor decks and patio design plans with your preference of hardwood timber flooring, hire MAB Timber Floors to place a professional, protective finish on it. We are experts at sanding, polishing and finishing all types of wood flooring for inside and outside your home.